It is always a great feeling for parents to see their babies develop new skills. We have seen the baby’s milestones – 1 to 6 months; in this article let us see the baby milestones – 7 to 12 months. From 7th month your baby is tend to develop many more skills. Unlike the first 6 months, baby milestones in the second 6 months would be Skill based milestones (rather than monthly development). Always remember, every baby is different and all of them might not reach the milestones at the same time. Your baby will mostly reach the below milestones by the time he becomes 12 months old.
- Sit without support.
- Begin to Crawl.
- Pull himself to standing position.
- Stand for a while with support.
- Try to walk two or three steps on his own.
- Cry when you leave.
- Hold you tight if a stranger comes to him.
- Likes irritating you.
Hand and Finger Milestones:
- Use his hands to explore new things.
- Start eating finger foods.
- Try holding more than one object in her hand at a time.
- Put things in a container and take them out.
- Point with his finger.
- Hold small objects with Index finger and thumb.
- Able to say two or three words.
- Understand words.
- Start imitating you.
- Listen carefully when someone is talking to him.
- Respond to simple commands.
- Recognizes his name and some words like hi, bye.
- Use gestures such as nodding his head for no.
- Understand meaning of No.
- Understand simple questions like “where is your toy?” and points to his toy.
- Find hidden objects easily.
- Start to understand how objects are used; Example: a cup is used to drink.
If you think your baby is not up to the mark and more worried about your baby’s development, please consult your doctor.
Hope you find this informative. Let us know through comments if we have missed any milestones in the second 6 months.