Here is one of the easiest and simplest recipes that can be prepared at home. To be mentioned, this is my son’s favorite dish. It is called “Cyal/ Fried Idli”. In fact even elders would love this recipe. It hardly takes 5 minutes to prepare this YUMMY recipe. Let us start the process of Cyal/Fried Idly recipe for toddlers and kids.
Cyal/Fried Idly recipe for toddlers and kids.
- Cumin seeds (Jeera)
- Mustard seeds (Sarason)
- Split Black gram (Urad Dal)
- Green Mirchi (Optional)
- Turmeric powder.
- Cut the Idly into small pieces.
- Heat the Kadai and add 2tablespoons of oil.
- Add Mustard seeds, Cumin seeds and Split Black gram to the oil. Wait till the mustard seeds pop. (I didn’t add mustard seeds and split black gram because my son doesn’t like them in this recipe.)
- Now add Onions and Mirchi and fry till the onions turn little brown.
- Add Turmeric powder.
- Add these idly pieces to the kadai and mix well on low flame.
- Switch off the stove.
- That is it. “Cyal/ Fried Idly” is ready!!!
If you have older kids, you can add more urad dal. It will be tastier.
You may also have a look at the Rice Kheer recipe for babies here.
Let us know if you have tried this out.